If you want to know more, follow us, join in with our work outside the church, etc., then here is the right place to express your interest.
Just want to come to a Service?
All are welcome to just turn up at the services we hold.
If you might be interested in having a Buddy (friend) to help you, please go to our Buddy page to find out more.
Or, Tell Us What You Want to Do
Use the form below to indicate your interest(s) and be included onto a mailing list where relevant. Your email will not be shared with any other organisation. More details of the options are expanded below the form.
Descriptions of Interests
- List of church services – Every 3 months we produce a pretty A4 sheet with the planned services including a short description. You are welcome to ask for a PDF version to print for your own noticeboard. Choose this to go on the list.
- Gastard Congregation Letter – Started for the COVID-19 pandemic when it was provided weekly to the congregation and friends of St John’s, it is now published occasionally with details of certain events, including ECO church, reports on past events, people news and anything else that may pop up. A very popular informal Letter with pictures as far as we can. You are welcome to keep abreast by asking to be put on the list. Choose this to go on the list. This does not replace Team News!
- Litter Picking – we have a separate list of people from the community that wish to keep their community clean. See Events page for details picks. You can join us! Choose this to go on the list.
- Eco Team – This is for anyone who wishes to help with an eco project in the community of Gastard or beyond. The Litter pickers are generally part of this, but you can just be in our pool of potential helpers for one-off projects. Choose this to go on the list. This is largely inspired by our ECO Church work – you can be a part of it.
- Gardening Team – To look after our flower beds and wild flower area. A nice practical way you can to preserve our Christiaan presence in the community and contribute towards “Best Place of Worship” award from Corsham in Bloom.
- Volunteer in church – We are a small congregation in a small community, but we have many people from the community who help out, some on a rota, some ad-hoc for particular events. We do welcome new people. Examples: cleaning, flowers, scripture readings, creating and narrating community led prayers (called intercessors).
- Help financially – The church is currently able to continue its presence in Gastard through a quite small number of, mainly, rather old (70+) people on our electoral roll. We do also have a small number of people from the community who give regularly to help us remain solvent because they want the church to be there even though they may not wish to attend services. We do need to maintain our base of financial supporters! For more details, see our giving page. We also welcome people who can include us their will. Choose this option to be contacted by our treasurer and go on a list for occasional contact.
- Other – We’d love to hear from you!